Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Diet for Autism, Ulcerative Colitis and much more!

I feel like I need to spread the word about this book, Feast Without Yeast by Bruce Semon, M.D., Ph.D. and Lori Kornblum, since it has been such a life altering book for me. I have an auto-immune disease I was diagnosed with at age 23, Ulcerative Colitis. I struggled for years with this ferocious disease and tried every prescription medicine my doctor could give me, until finally I stumbled on this book (to get more details on my battle with Ulcerative Colitis see the Naturopathic Doctor’s Corner page of the website.)

This book was written by a medical doctor who’s son has autism. After years of experimenting with his diet and trying to find out what improved his condition he developed this book based on his findings. He claims it is helpful for many medical conditions, and is overall just a very healthy diet.

This diet has given me a healthy, symptom free life back. The great thing is that there are over 225 recipes in his book! This is not another one of those extremely hard to follow diets that you can’t follow because you are left with no real guide. This book has different levels (depending on if you want a no gluten, no dairy, no meat diet), grocery lists for each level, and great recipes! It even satisfies my sweet tooth, with no sugar; he uses honey to bake cakes and all kinds of sweet treats.

Here is a link to Amazon if you want to look into it (I am in no way getting paid to promote this book).

No comments:

Post a Comment